Automation campaigns are often triggered based on customers interacting with your products, e.g. orders placed, abandoned baskets, abandoned browse, etc.
Between a customer’s interaction with a product on your site and Ometria sending an email in response, those products can sometimes go out of stock, or stop being sold all together (i.e. become ‘inactive’).
We’ve added the following options to Edit Campaign Settings in the automation campaign builder:
- Filter out of stock products
- Filter inactive products
This means that if you check these flags, emails won’t send to contacts who interacted with products that are either out of stock or inactive, regardless of whether there are product blocks in your email template.
In your campaign, go to and select the options you prefer:
Ometria checks for out of stock/inactive products in the triggering event once the customer reaches the Send email node in the campaign flow.
This way your customers will only see the most relevant products which are available for them to purchase.
We recommend that you use these filters for the following campaigns:
Abandoned basket campaigns:
- If all products in the contact’s basket are out of stock/inactive, no email is sent.
- If some products in the contact’s basket are out of stock/inactive and others are in stock, an email is sent which includes the out of stock products, regardless of the setting.
All other triggers:
- If all products from the entry event are out of stock/inactive, no email is sent.
- If some products the contact browsed are out of stock and others are in stock, an email is sent which excludes the out of stock products.