Follow this guide to learn how to add the Ometria extension to your Magento version 1 ecommerce platform.
Please prepare by ensuring you have access to the following information:
- Your Magento Connect login and password. If you don't have a Magento Connect account, register at magentocommerce.com
- Your store's administrator login and password.
- The version number of your Magento installation (eg. 1.7)
- Your Ometria Site Identifier, which is provided via an email from us or via the installation process screen (see Fig 1 below). In this same screen, you will also find your Magento User Password.
1. Download the latest version of our extension here.
2. Disable the Magento Compiler
- System > Tools > Compilation > Disable
3. Upload the files to the Magento filesystem.
- System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager
Fig 1: Access Magento Connect Manager
- Under Direct package file upload choose the package from your file system and press Upload.
Fig 2: Choose File (your Magento Filesystem) and upload
- Press Return to Admin
4. Refresh the Magento Cache
- System > Cache Management > Flush Magento Cache
5. Logout from the Magento backend
6. Re-enable the Magento Compiler
- System > Tools > Compilation > Run Compilation Process
Fig 3: Window shown when compilation is complete
To make it easier for you to create the Webservices' user and account for your Magento extension, Ometria has created a Setup Wizard in the Magento admin. See this doc to manually create Web Service User and Role for Ometria.
Keep your Ometria setup screen open, as you will need to copy your Ometria site ID from this page (see Fig 1).
Fig 4: Installation Process Screen
Install the extension from Magento Connect (as in the previous section)
- Go to System > Configuration > Ometria > Analytics settings (see Fig 5)
You will see that the Ometria configuration screen now includes a 'Start Setup Wizard’ button. However, don’t click it yet.
Step 1. Paste the Ometria site ID into the Configuration screen (this ID is the first code in the Ometria setup screen).
Step 2. Click Save Config
Fig 5: Ometria> Analytics Settings
Step 3. Make sure you select Product ID in the drop-down
Note: If you accidentally select Product SKU, Ometria will not be pulling in the all the correct information for the product. So, it is essential that you select Product ID in this step.
Step 3. Once saved, click on the Start Setup Wizard button. (See Fig 2 for the Setup Wizard)
- Paste in the API Key (the second code on your Ometria setup screen) into the popup screen above and click Next.
- You should see a success message saying the extension was configured correctly and click Finished.
- Ensure that the Enabled option is set to Yes and again click Save Config.
Check the Extension Configuration
To ensure that your extension is working correctly, click on both blue buttons Check Configuration.
- If they both turn green, it means the extension was configured successfully and is working as expected.
- Please note that, when installing on Magento Enterprise, your Magento full page cache should also be cleared before the extension starts working.
- If you are still getting an error page, take a screenshot of the page and send it to email@example.com.
Fig 6: Ometria Setup screen when your extension is correctly configured