Not all products are available to display in product recommendations.
The following criteria are required for a product to be used in a product recommendation instance:
- Ometria only pulls parent products, not variants (a ‘parent’ product is also known as a ‘top-level’ product, prime product or configurable product in Magento).
- The product must have been sold in the last 28 days.
- We don’t recommend products without any sales, as they are unlikely to convert. The product recommendation engine exceptions to this rule are:
- The product price must be more than 0.00
The product must be active with the following details defined at parent level:
- If you are using a visit to a store as a trigger for your campaign (e.g. contact has placed order in store x), the Store ID must have associated product listings, otherwise Ometria cannot assign the right product to the right store, and no recommendations will display in your email.
Out of stock products
For broadcast campaigns, product recommendations generate when your contact opens the email.
Ometria checks whether or not the product is 'In stock' and 'active' at the time of email open.
To include previously purchased, out of stock or inactive products in your product recommendations, see General settings.
Products displayed based on store
Provided that the key criteria listed above are met, Ometria generates product recommendations based on the following rules:
|store is not selected in product recommendations
|Ometria uses product details based on the parent product record, e.g. title, URL, active status, price, currency, image, etc.
|store is selected in product recommendations
Ometria checks the product listing: