Ometria's customer value bands are calculated by comparing a customer's individual AOV (average order value) to the average AOV for all of your customers.
The values refresh on an hourly basis.
Note: AOV in Ometria is calculated with tax included, and only counts valid orders.
The bands are then split as follows:
- Low - below 75% of your average customer AOV
- Medium - between 75% and 125% of your average customer AOV
- High - between 125% and 250% of your average customer AOV
- Very High - Over 250% of your average customer AOV
For example, if the average AOV of all your orders is £50 then your bands would look like this:
- Low - Customers with an average AOV less than £37.50
- Medium - Customers with an average AOV between £37.50 and £62.50
- High - Customers with an average AOV between £62.50 and £125
- Very High - Customers with an average AOV more than £125
So a customer with an AOV of £80, is in the High value band, because their AOV is between 125% and 250% of the account average order value.
Be aware that your customer value bands are likely to change over time as the average AOV for your account changes over time.
You can filter your customers by value band using the Customer filter.
For an overview of your customer value band distribution, see Customer insights.
Article is closed for comments.