Improvements to Broadcast Campaigns
Following the new Broadcast Campaigns UI launched earlier this month, we’ve had some fantastic feedback from our clients, and have been hard at work making improvements based on your suggestions.
You asked for:
- The ability to delete the Broadcast Campaigns that were drafted in the old interface
- An easier way to manage your blueprints
- Clearer information on changing templates in the ‘Content’ tab, where it was easy to accidentally discard work
Delete old drafts
It’s now easy to delete broadcast campaigns that were drafted in the old user interface.
From the ‘Draft’ tab in 'New Broadcast Campaigns’, locate an ‘Old broadcast campaign’ (labelled in grey), select the dropdown arrow and click ‘Delete’:
You can now delete your blueprints if they are no longer useful or were created in error.
Note: Be aware that this action is irreversible. If you delete a blueprint you can’t get it back!
‘Change template’ warning
Before, when you selected CHANGE TEMPLATE on a variant which already had a template applied, the original template would be discarded without warning.
This caused confusion and potentially led to some users losing their work.
To make things clearer, we’ve added a warning message which displays if you select CHANGE TEMPLATE on a variant which already has a template applied:
You then have the option to KEEP or DISCARD your original template.
See Broadcast Campaign Builder for a full guide to the new UI.
New broadcast campaigns user interface
The new user interface (UI) for Broadcast Campaigns is now live for all customers!
Previously, when you wanted to send broadcast campaigns to multiple variants, you had to create multiple almost identical campaigns from scratch, tweaking them only slightly each time.
This was a time consuming and inefficient process.
The new Broadcast Campaign UI simplifies this task by gathering everything in one place. Now you can quickly:
- Separate your audience into multiple mutually exclusive segment variants
- Create personalised content for each variant
- Select independent delivery options for each variant
See: Broadcast campaigns for a full guide to the new UI.
- Variants Waterfall - This is a visual representation of the recipient segments and how they are split. Each variant represents a customised campaign. As you add variants and splits, the segments cascade down and right across the screen, like a waterfall. See: Broadcast campaign performance: Variants for more information.
- Blueprints - These are pre-configured recipient waterfalls (i.e. with the segments and variants already defined) which can be selected and applied to a new broadcast campaign. They are essentially recipient waterfall templates.
- HTML Templates - Customers can now select from their HTML templates in the ‘Templates’ screen.
- Copy to variants - This time saving new feature gives customers the option to apply their template, subject line and content created in the Default tab across as many variants as the customer selects.
- Send Tests - Customers can now send tests for multiple (or all) variants at once.