You can apply tracking parameters to automation campaigns in two places:
- At account level in the email settings tab, which defines the default parameters for all automation campaigns.
- At campaign level, in the automation flow for your individual campaign.
The logic Ometria uses when appending tracking parameters to email links is:
- Take the default automation tracking parameters defined at account level.
- Take the campaign tracking parameters defined at campaign level and add to or merge with those at account level.
- If there is a clash, parameters at campaign level overwrite those at account level.
- If there isn't a value yet (in account or campaign settings) Ometria takes the default tracking parameters for automation (these are "utm_medium", "utm_source" and "utm_campaign") and uses their default values.