Understanding how changes to your strategy, segmentation, or seasonality impact deliverability will help you make informed decisions when planning your campaigns.
In Ometria you can review your deliverability performance at individual campaign level and monitor your results over time.
The key metrics are:
- Delivery rate - The percentage of emails that reach recipients' inboxes.
- Subscriber engagement - The actions contacts take with your campaigns, both positive (open and click), negative (complaint) and neutral (unsubscribe), forming part of your sender reputation.
Keeping an eye on these metrics over time will help you understand what is normal for your business. Make sure you’re checking results over the last 7 days, 30 days and 90 days to identify established trends.
You can check your deliverability metrics in the both Campaign performance and the Deliverability report.
- Monitoring individual automation campaign performance
- Monitoring individual broadcast campaign performance
Some trends you may notice when looking at performance over time include:
- Different subscriber engagement based on day of the week or at weekends vs. weekdays.
- Seasonal changes in user engagement.
- Differences in subscriber engagement between segments.
You can take these into account when looking at individual campaign performance to understand if any changes are in line with these trends or represent a potential issue when you notice lower performance.
Deliverability performance benchmarks
The following metrics can be used as a guide to benchmark your performance.
It’s common for some retail sectors performance to fall below these guidelines, e.g. cosmetics and fashion.
Where there is a significant difference (e.g. 20%), it’s worth establishing what is normal for your business and using that as your benchmark.