When you select Remove contact from a static list on an Action tile, you have the option to remove contacts who reach this point in the flow from a saved segment.
For example, if you’ve added a contact to a static list earlier in a ‘post purchase’ automation flow to report behaviour for a specific group, you can add a condition and then use this action to remove contacts who place an order (i.e. make a purchase).
This way you can make sure that the segment contains only contacts who haven’t placed an order, making it easier to report on their behaviour.
See also: Removing contacts from static segments
- which is - to remove these contacts from one segment
- which is one of - to remove these contacts from multiple segments
Select Save to finalise.
‘Has placed an order’ exit condition workaround
If you use the exit condition ‘has placed an order’, and a contact places an order after they were added to a segment but before being removed from a segment, they will leave the flow and never be removed from the segment.
A workaround for this use case is to set up another automation campaign, ‘to be removed’.
- Set the entry trigger to has placed an order
- Add a segment condition Customer belongs to segment x
- Add the action Remove contact from static list