A coupon is an alpha-numeric code which allows customers to receive some benefit when making a purchase - e.g. 20% off the listed price, or buy one get one free.
In Ometria you can create pools of your coupons, then insert coupons from any of your pools into your automation campaigns.
Coupon codes are linked to the individual contact. This means you can:
- Send a contact the same coupon code throughout an automation campaign
- Use the same coupon code across different automation campaigns e.g. remind your contacts of codes they haven't redeemed yet
Go to: Campaigns > Coupon pools
The Coupon pools dashboard displays:
From here you can search for a coupon pool, check how many are redeemed and assigned, upload CSVs to existing pools, edit your pools, or create a new one.
- Redeemed coupon codes are codes that a contact has used to place an order
- Assigned coupon codes are codes that have been 'assigned' (i.e. sent) to a contact but not redeemed
Redeemed coupons are also assigned - because a customer can only redeem a coupon that's been assigned to them.
This means that the numbers of redeemed and assigned coupons are not mutually exclusive.
Coupon pool types
There are three types of coupon pool in Ometria:
- Fixed coupon codes - use one code for multiple campaigns and contacts and track that code's performance over time.
- Unique auto generated coupon codes - available to users with Magento or Shopify as their ecommerce platform.
- CSV coupon codes - pools that are uploaded via a CSV or excel file.